Monday, October 27, 2008

Pumpkin Festival at Arboretum

Pumpkins and flowers! Let's go!

Hello butterfly friend!
Running thru the maze

A pumpkin house!
Love that impish face here

The reflection garden area is just gorgeous.
Butterflies and flowers!
Click on this picture! I love monarch butterfly migration!
Classics at the arboretum - pioneer village
The boys had SO much fun playing farmers
The dirt was very tilled after they were done!





Checking out old farm equipment was fun!

Thirsty boys!

We had a great time last week checking out the pumpkin festival at the Arboretum. It is a great place to play in the pioneer village area & Texas town, as well as seeing the seasonal displays and flowers.

I am in awe of seeing big groups of monarchs. I was letterboxing a few weeks ago and serendipitously discovered a group of them in the trees nearby. Of course I was camera less except my phone, which I still can't find the software CD for computer transfer. It was cool though!

Our cheap membership at the arboretum ends in a month sadly. We had gotten major mileage out of it this year but would have to upgrade to a more expensive one this coming year and there is no fundage for that. So I am treasuring the memories and fun we've had there.

4 comments:

Stephanie S. said...

I'm pretty sure memberships are the greatest thing ever.

mariann and Tory said...

I LOVE the refelction garden! Oh my heck! Gorgeous! Also am loving the pumkin house! Fun!

Christa, Queen of the Blog said...

I swear one day we will make it to the arboretum! It looks like so much fun!

Roni said...

I wish we were closer to the Arboretum. I love it there. We might have to make at least one trip this fall to see the changing colors.

Awesome pictures, by the way!!!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin