Saturday, October 04, 2008

Park fun and reusing plastic bags

At this park day, there was lots of sand play, light sabers, bike riding and explorations about how high up you can fill a slide with rocks. Meanwhile the mamas (and a few kids) learned how to turn plastic bags into a 2 ply yarn and crochet it into reusable bags. I was excited to learn how to do that, and the boys had great fun. Dinoguy wants to learn to crochet the bags too, but was fine with learning later from me so he could play while we were at the park. It was hard to let Trainboy ride his bike where he did, he ventured farther away from me than I he has in my memory, though I could still see him. He is gaining independence and confidence on the bike.

2 comments:

Christa, Queen of the Blog said...

Very cool pile of rocks on the slide!

Allie said...

Doncha just love all the parks around here?

Have y'all ever tried Geocaching? Might be a fun educational thing to do. I know Lewisville and Flower Mound both host classes on the subject if you've never done it before, so it may be something worth looking into.

Another use for those plastic bags...to take your fossils home in. Have you ever thought about joining a fossil group such as DPS? Email me if you want more info. I am sure there is stuff like that around you.

I'll be showing my latest finds off soon over at www.screweduptexan.com

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin