Saturday, March 01, 2014

Princess turns 5 (December 2013)

 How can it have already been 5 years already? I spent so long wishing and hoping for this girl to join our family. Now she is 5 and no longer a small one. We celebrated the day with delicious food, cake and presents. She loved hearing the story of the day she was born and seeing her baby pictures.
A blue chocolate cake with sprinkles. She knows what she wants.


She gave her dad some of her bling to wear for the night.
Her dad painted this wagon for her. She loves it.

Baby brother watched the proceedings with interest.
I love this girl. She loves to do arts and crafts with me and is always ready to draw, paint, sculpt, cut and paste. She loves to have pretend sword fights with her brothers. She loves to look at books and have them read to her. She declared recently that she was ready to learn to read and has earnestly been working to learn the sounds and shapes of the letters. She has opinions about clothing, colors, activities and she will share them. She prefers pants to skirts but will wear a frilly dress to church. She enjoys pretend play with dolls and animals and we sometimes have pretend tea parties together. She loves her dad and baby brother. She asks me daily what her jobs are and likes to help clean. She reminds me every night that we need to read scriptures. She does not like potatoes and never has. She prefers plain cheese pizza. I love her so much. I am so glad she is part of our family.

Who does our newest baby look the most like? Princess. Here she is at about 2 months old. He is very much like her, only he doesn't have as much hair.

2 comments:

erin said...

And if I can add about Princess, it's that she is so loving and good at giving hugs. She especially dotes on her only Tio.

Miranda said...

And I love what a strong person she is. My Lily needs to spend more time with her!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin