Wednesday, March 19, 2014

FHE catch-up: The Lord answers prayers and

I have gotten behind and out of order that they happened in posting about our Family Home Evening lessons. Because I wanted to report each of them for this six month period, here are two from a few weeks ago that I haven't posted yet in one short post. 

Princess' week to be in charge of Family Home Evening we based the lesson on a talk by Elder Terence M. Vinson entitled "Drawing Closer to God".  I should have written it up closer to when it was because I am having a hard time remembering exactly how she and I presented it. However I can tell you it involved the story of the man who prayed for help when his controlled burn got out of control and was threatening his neighbors' farms. This man had his prayers answered directly by a rain cloud appearing right over his farm and putting out the fire. He then prayed thanks to God for answering his humble prayer. We also talked about how trials can help us grow and increase our faith when we turn to the Lord and ask for help.

"the Lord wants us to develop the faith that will help us rely upon Him in solving our problems and trust Him. Then we can feel His love more constantly, more powerfully, more clearly, and more personally."

 When it was Fixitman's turn to give Family Home Evening, he gave a short lesson on love based on the scripture John 15:12 This is my commandment, That ye love one another, as I have loved you. We sang the primary song "As I Have Loved You" and talked about how God and Jesus love us and want us to be loving to everyone. It's a great message as we continue to work on being nice and kind to each other in our family.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin