Friday, January 30, 2009

Chefboy


This week has had a lot of cooking by Dinoguy. Sunday we woke up to chopping sounds. Upon investigation we found he was making us a breakfast salad. He added too much pepper and salt though and he declared it was too spicy. That afternoon he & Trainboy had an "Iron chef" competition and made vegetable soups. (We love to watch Iron Chef together.) The next day for lunch, Dinoguy made a soup-salad, which you can see him eating above. At this point, I was having a hard time with all the ingredients he was using, since he had used most of our fresh produce. I don't know why I was so worried when it isn't expensive and he was eating it. But I had a hard time with it. Here he is making banana muffins. He did everything. I was the sous chef, providing measuring cups and spoons and ingredients. He declared "I'm just like that little boy" while making them, letting me know that the video we watched last week of the 5 yr old with the cooking show had inspired this exuberant bout of more independent cooking. (You can find the video and news story about that here.)

Thinking maybe we should expand on this, I asked him if he would like to cook some other foods and maybe read some cookbooks, so we planned a trip to the library to pick out some cookbooks. True to form, he wanted to bring them ALL home with us, but agreed to pick a few that we could carry. I love how exuberant he is for books and learning.

2 comments:

Stephanie said...

Fun fun!
I love passion pursuing.
So much!

Christa, Queen of the Blog said...

How fun! Both of the girls love to cook, and Kaylee gets excited when she can find things she can do all on her own.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin