Saturday, November 29, 2008

Thanksgiving Thankfulness

Fixitman and the bird.

Part of the table and some of the food

Another view of the table and food.

Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday. I love the food, I love getting together with family and friends, I love planning and cooking the food. I love thinking about thankfulness. We had a lovely Thanksgiving this year with Fixitman's sister's family and friends. It was more of a potluck, so we didn't cook as much as we normally do. So we're cooking more tomorrow! :) Mmmm...Mmm...pie...(and cheesecake!)

Fixitman improved upon his turkey frying technique and the bird was awesome. The brine recipe was a winner and not over frying the bird made it super juicy as well. He also made his fabulous macaroni salad. I made my favorite sweet potato casserole, pumpkin cheesecake and Grandma's fudge pecan pie. I also tried a new variation on cranberries - a cranberry dipping sauce for the turkey from Alton Brown that was awesome. I want to bottle the sauce and put it on sandwiches year round it was so good. Fixitman's sister made their family's traditional orange rolls, and there were a ton of other delicious dishes from others, including cornbread dressing with giblet gravy, a first for me (it was good!)
Trainboy jumps at a rare time when there aren't 12 kids on the trampoline at the same time.

The boys had a great time playing with their cousins and making new friends. I seem to not think of snapping good pictures of them as much as I should when we visit, I guess we're just having a good time.
Dinoguy practices his kung fu

3 comments:

mariann and Tory said...

Looks like you guys had a blast with the family! We had a blast up with the other 1/2 up north. Someday we will all get togeather and have a HUGE party!

Christa, Queen of the Blog said...

Wow, what a spread!

Trish said...

Looks just like a family holiday should. :)
I've heard good things about AB's cranberry dipping sauce. Maybe I'll have to give it a try.
Love the pregnant belly pic. I'll bet the boys are getting excited.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin