Monday, November 10, 2008

The Stinky Cheese Man play + a nature walk with friends

The set of the show before it began (no photos during allowed!)
Waiting for the show
What a pose!

We checked out a children's theatre program last week with friends, going to see "The Stinky Cheese Man". What boy wouldn't be enthralled with that title? Great book, but would it be a fun play? We got there early not realizing that it didn't start right at 10, but seating began at 10. So my mama calm was wearing thin by the time the show started, but we were rewarded with a fast paced, high energy version of the book and its other stories all woven together.While Trainboy kept telling me it wasn't actually the stinky cheese man but a guy in a suit, Dinoguy was laughing hysterically and when it was over proclaimed "That was totally awesome!" I think it was a successful venture into the world of theatre, seeing how the squirminess of my kids wasn't the end of the world since it was a theatre full of children.
That is Trainboy's head popping out of the log

Afterward we had a picnic at a nearby botanical gardens and then went on the nature walk trail. It was an awesome walk, but the combo of the theatre plus walk was too much for me and again I got to learn that when you are halfway thru the third trimester, it's time to start taking it easier. Even after the drive home, I spent the rest of the day parked on the couch, sleeping or resting.Fun times with the hollow log
Looking at the baby animals hidden in the holes

It was a grand time though and I am glad we went.

2 comments:

Chrispy said...

Can't catch me, I'm the Stinky Cheese Man! Hilarious. It was good to see you there!

Christa, Queen of the Blog said...

I was bummed to miss it. I was going to join you all at the garden after, but I totally forgot it was Friday!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin