Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Violin concert

Winter violin concert went well. Dinoguy played Andantino, Trainboy played May Song. It was weird not being the pianist and just listening. I videotaped the performances on the camera that I haven't taken the time to figure out how to put on the computer. If you really want to watch their performances, email me and I will send you another link.

Dinoguy is disappointed because he did not make his goal of learning Minuet 1 by the end of this year. He knows the song before it - Etude - but due to skipping lessons for about a month, he was delayed some from making his goal. I think its awesome how he sets goals and really has the ideas of practice down - he'll go to work on something I ask him to practice and work at it until he gets it. He is pretty much only held back by how long he wants to practice.

Trainboy is doing so well and yet it has been a harder fall for him. He has struggled with various technique things and while he has learned many songs and plays well, I say it is harder because practice is not as much fun as it could be. He's in a period where anything not going his way results in tears and a plaintive "I tried my best!" No amount of me being loving and soft with suggestions for improvement or making games of it all prevents this. It is something that appears in all facets of life right now and probably has to do with adjustment to another family member and some growing up.

Anyway, they continue to learn the violin and play beautifully (in my opinion at least. :D )

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin