Monday, September 06, 2010

Library books

They are taking over my bookshelves.
See - it was a display bookshelf, with room for large books at the bottom and a few library books on the second bottom shelf. But now the books have filled that shelf and started taking over the next shelf up too.

Not that I'm complaining. If they are on the bookshelf, it's because I put them there. My kids are always reading and enjoying books (and leaving them all over the house). I love library elf because it keeps us from forgetting to renew or return books (as long as we can find them). Which is the point of the libary bookshelf. If all the library books make it back to the bookshelf each night, they don't get lost. Of course there is always the one they take to bed with them to read and it has to be searched for under the bed sometimes. Or the stack they take in the car to read on errands or trips. Have to keep track of those too. But we come out usually with no fines at all.

And yes, Munchkin can access them all. She loves to "read" and be read to. And she frequently empties the shelf. But I only pick them up in the evening right before bedtime unless they are being stepped on or mistreated.

We are the family at the library every week, returning tons of books and then checking out tons of books. There is a 100 item limit per card. Luckily we have 4 cards. Not that I think we've ever had more than 120 total. But with all the homeschooling resources I check out and all the books each person checks out for personal reading as well, it adds up.

Anyway, we love the library. :)

1 comment:

Norah said...

We love the library! I wish our limit was 100 books.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin