Friday, December 12, 2008

More ornament painting


We are having a lot of fun decorating ornaments for the tree. At the dentist the boys saw a tree with train decorations and requested train and dinosaur ornaments for our tree. Simple cut outs from the craft store, lots of paint and glitter made for a lot of decorating fun.

Trainboy used approximately 50 paintbrushes painting his trains. He was having so much fun! I washed a lot of paintbrushes.

Dinoguy took a different approach, painting each dinosaur side one color and then applying glitter. Later he added stripes and spots to the dinosaurs as well. He also painted a couple pictures and cut out some shapes with the paper cutter while Trainboy finished his trains.

The ornaments are already resting in the branches of the tree, though I plan to have Fixitman put little holes in the top and hang them by strings, the boys were excited to put them in.

I am also trying to make these cute little stars and then teach the boys, but I think I have to be successful first!

This morning Dinoguy asked if we could make a popcorn garland for the tree. Of course!

6 comments:

Christa, Queen of the Blog said...

Wow you guys have a lot of fun projects going on!

Trish said...

Hey! I followed your link about the cute little stars and I made some! SOOOO cute!
I'm using this idea for our family ornaments this year. Thanks for the inspiration!
I posted a pic on my blog.
http://toomuch2do2day.blogspot.com/2008/12/i-stumbled-upon-our-ornaments-for-this.html

Allie said...

Popcorn garland for the Christmas tree...hmmm, our garland would be gone in minutes! LOL

McKay Missy and Boys said...

My boys' favorite ornaments are the wood ones they painted the Christmas we were in Provo.

Chrispy said...

You guys are gettin' your craft on in a serious way... awesome! I totally want to try those paper stars now too. :)

April said...

your kids are getting so big. You are looking cute pregnant. It looks like you are doing all sorts of fun Christmas activities.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin