Sunday, December 21, 2008

Mama blessing

I was blessed to have some dear friends join me one evening for a mother blessing. It was a wonderful uplifting time, full of positive thoughts and wishes. I was very grateful to everyone and all they brought to share. Stories, food, thoughts, energy. It was a very uplifting event to help buoy me up in preparation for the upcoming birth of my baby.
Everyone brought a bead with a positive thought to add to a birth bracelet for me to have during the birth to remember the circle of supportive women I have thinking of me during the birth. It brought tears to my eyes to hear and feel the well wishes of my friends. They also brought yummy food to share, a book with some of their birth stories for me to read and treasure and lots of good vibes. They also brought henna to decorate my belly for good luck. We had a wonderful time and I am so grateful to them all. The positive vibes will be wonderful to reflect on in labor.

5 comments:

Trish said...

Oh WOW!!
I ~LOVE~ that you have such a great support system and that they did such a sweet thing for you.

Christa, Queen of the Blog said...

That is one beautiful belly!

mariann and Tory said...

I love that baby blanket! It looks so cute!

Chrispy said...

Lovely! I wish I could have been there, but hopefully you know you've got all kinds of happy-belly vibes coming from me to you anyway!!

Sarah said...

What a beautiful belly! Warmest wishes for a peaceful birth.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin