Friday, January 01, 2010

2010: Peace

There are many words I wanted to choose for my word this year. But the word that I keep coming back to is peace. So 2010 becomes the year of seeking to be peaceful, finding peace, making peace, looking for peace, listening for peace.

Peace has many definitions. Number 6 is freedom of the mind from annoyance, distraction, anxiety, an obsession, etc.; tranquillity; serenity. That is where I think I'm starting.

Think of those days where you know you are doing what needs to happen, when you feel at peace with your role and that you are fulfilling it well. I seek more of that, in contrast with the days where I am hurriedly running around trying to get us to various appointments and commitments and barely have time to take care of eating. Doing too much takes away my peace.

Peace fits me perfectly this year because in seeking peace in my actions I can be positive that it is the right path for my family. It's a perfect follow up for me to gentle and listen because gentleness and listening are things you must posess in seeking peace.

In my daily living, by seeking peace I will find more happiness in daily life and an assurance I am on the right path. I believe seeking peace can help keep priorities in order.

I believe it can help me become more like Definition 7, a state of tranquillity or serenity. I wish to be a more peaceful person.

I already am peaceful compared to the me 10 years ago. But there is more progress I can make, and in 2010 I seek to find daily peace in my soul

What is your word this year?

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

Mmmm, beautiful, M.

I've chosen mine, too. :)
Beauty. It's related to yours, I think, and my reasons are much the same. Beauty spoke so well to me because it seemed like Joy and Peace and Expansion.
Just thinking on it makes me so happy. :)

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin