Thursday, April 25, 2013

Trainboy gets baptized! (January 2013)

At the beginning of the new year, Trainboy was able to get baptized into The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. Since he had turned 8 in December, he had already had an interview with our bishop and we chose to participate in the baptism service held in his Grandparents' stake in Idaho so that more family could celebrate with us.
Cuddling with his blanket

Length shot shows the full blanket. He should still be able to use it when he is 6 feet tall.

I just like this picture.
For his special baptism present, I had been working all year on his crocheted blanket. He chose the pattern and the colors. I crocheted like crazy to finish it by his baptism. He loved it when it was finished though which made it worth all 50 billion color changes (just an estimate an it may be exaggerated).
Handsome guy
Making his "I'm freezing!" face

He nicely agreed to have his picture taken the day before standing outside in the cold snow so that I could finish a photo display I wanted to put up at the lunch the next day. His Idaho Grandma gave him the lovely white tie and the lego belt was a previous year Christmas present I had made.
Standing in front of the font with Dad
8 years goes by so quickly!

After the baptism service, we had a family lunch buffet with sandwiches and cookies. (His choice!) We were happy to have his Grandpa from South Carolina there as well as several of my siblings in addition to Grandma and Grandpa and several Aunts and Uncles and lots of cousins from Idaho.
My photo display showing him on blessing day, growing up, birthday and baptism day.
One end of the buffet view with Princess starting in on the sandwiches

From the other end with the treats!
We also took photos with family before they all scattered again. I didn't get a picture with everyone there which would have been fun, but here are some pictures we did get.
With his Aunt

Fixitman and his nephew with the same name

With his recently engaged Aunt and her fiance

With his cousin

With Grandma and Grandpa

With Grandpa from South Carolina

Mom, Grandpa, Trainboy

An attempt at a family photo.

1 comment:

Rachael said...

Malina - you are simply amazing with that quilt! Holy cow!!

And I can't believe train boy is 8. Makes me a little scared because he and my 2nd oldest were both babies when our husbands were graduating from MBA school. Time has flown too quickly...

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin