Monday, July 13, 2009

Independence Day celebrations

We had a ton of fun over July 4th weekend. Our favorite fireworks show is the night before. It has water play for the boys, trees and shade for the adults, friends, a quick drive home... and good fireworks of course.

The morning brought our Church breakfast followed by naps, followed by a BBQ and swimming at a friends. (Where Munchkin went in a pool for the first time but my camera batteries were dead and the only photo I took was with my phone.) Then more naps followed by friends coming over for a haircut! (Random? Yes. But she wanted her hair cut ASAP and her husband convinced her it was better to let me help then try to do it herself.) No, I'm not a beautician. I regularly mess up the boys haircuts that should be simple with razors. But I slowly and carefully cut her hair into a cute cut over 1.5 hours! Still no pics b/c the camera battery was still not charged.A grandma walking by took pity on hatless Munchkin and fitted her with a do rag. (Her hat was with me.)
Swimming boys take a break for picnic dinner.
A few photos of the boys having some fun swimming. Watching fireworksTrainboy shares/gives away all the cookies.

3 comments:

Screwed Up Texan said...

Love the Do-rag! Looks like y'all had a great time!

mariann and Tory said...

Happy 4th of July! Looks like you guys had a blast!! Fun!

Rachael said...

That story of the Munchkin's hat and the passing grandmother - how funny! She did a cute job though.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin