Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Monday Feb 23 gardens and zoos

I think it takes a great amount of faith to plant a seed and believe it will grow.We planted seeds in our new garden box - Fixitman and the boys finished building it on Saturday.

Radishes, beets, spinach, lettuces, and peas. Cool weather crops to grow before it gets warm.Planting seeds and watering them is so easy for the boys. They seem to just know that the plants will come. I wish it were so easy for me.

I worry about if I will get the right amount of water to them and if we planted them too deep or too shallow. In short, I make it a bit stressful for myself. The simple act of planting seeds becomes a growing experience.

After we planted seeds it was off to the zoo for a last trip before our membership expired. I marveled to watch my boys at the zoo, how much they've grown in the past year. Munchkin happily slept while we saw the hippos, the giraffes, elephants, rhinos, monkey, goats... They knew where the animals were, and which ones they wanted to see.The meerkats were out on watch duty. They are adorable!

Dinoguy gives a baby elephant statue some love.

Trainboy and Munchkin in the stroller. All the direct shots of Munchkin were eaten by the memory card again. Argh.
These baby lion cubs don't look so small in this picture as they did at the zoo in comparison to their parents. I thought they were adorable. Then the dad started roaring in the next habitat over; it was very interesting to hear. It didn't sound like a roar like the Lion King as much as one would think.

1 comment:

Screwed Up Texan said...

Hey! I was just there a month ago! I have a photo of that same critter sitting like that....how cool!

In my garden, I've got cilantro (still hasnt frozen to death) and onions growing like crazy.

Since we still have a chance for freeze until late March, here is a tip I have learned through gardening here in North Texas: If your plants get a little frost on them, water them with tepid water before the sun hits them in the morning and they will usually spring back to life without too much damage. Works well with Cilantro and my peppers. Peppers died late December.

Officially, the last frost day is March 6th, but I usually dont plant outside until the last week of March or the first week of April.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin