Monday, December 22, 2014

May 2014 Trip to Utah

My sister had her first baby in April and I was very excited to see the sweet new baby. We decided to have just Baby and I fly to visit her because then I could actually be helpful to her instead of bringing my entire brood and overwhelming her little house with noise, germs and craziness. Also, it was too long of a drive for me to do by myself with 5 kids and Fixitman couldn't take time off. So at the end of May, sweet Baby and I got on a plane and headed for Utah. It had been almost 10 years since I had last been on a plane. Not much has changed besides security being more annoying. However the miracle of transporting myself to Utah from Texas in just a few hours made it well worth it.

It also meant I was able to take lots of pictures of two sweet baby cousins together!

 My sister is a loving mom. She is very considerate and thoughtful of her sweet baby. My brother in law is also awesome and always thinking of his wife and baby. I loved seeing their sweet family together. I attempted to be helpful and give them more tools for baby care while I visited. Our mom had been there right after her baby was born. However now that he was 2 months old I thought there might be things with which I could help.
 Baby asleep in a swaddle, on his side with dad. (The 5 S's are fabulous!)
 
In Utah you can put babies on the grass without fear of fire ants!
They are holding hands - sort of.
Love this guy and all his hair!
Baby turned 6 months in May, so he was experimenting with new foods. Watermelon was a favorite.
Helping his Aunt learn how to wear a baby was a fun adventure!
 Fixitman's parents came down from Idaho to meet our new baby. They also brought fun genealogy things for me to look at!

 Mmm, yummy celery!
It was a great trip! I enjoyed spending time with my sister and her family very much. Playing with a new nephew was awesome.
video

Here at the end is my brother in law dribbling the soccer ball with his feet and knees. We made this video for my son who likes soccer. I think this is so impressive!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin