Thursday, October 01, 2009

Sourdough starter


...Or why you should not put it in a jar with a screw on lid.

That is not even the half of what I had to clean up in my kitchen afterward. No one was hurt, but the starter sure shot out well when Fixitman punctured the lid once we realized my mistake. Luckily a small amount stayed in the jar for me to salvage and grow into new starter. So it wasn't a total loss - just a pain to clean up.

2 comments:

Alaskan Dermish in the Kitch said...

Wow, that is an impressive explosion! I have never had one explode like that but I have had them grow and over take a fridge shelf overnight!

mariann and Tory said...

Thats crazy! I had no idea that could happen!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin