Sunday, June 01, 2008

Restful or Busy?


Sundays are days we view as for rest and recuperation, so usually after church, Fixitman & I take turns taking naps while the other one plays with the boys. We try not to turn on the TV or get on the computers if we can, and ask the boys to play quietly if they can while others are sleeping - a quiet restful house once a week is really nice. (Yeah, I'm writing this on Sunday evening, so we're not perfect, but whatever.)

Anyway, the boys are so busy being creative and awesome on Sundays. Today after my nap, while Fixitman slept, I watched/helped the boys play Go Fish on their own, have several wrestling matches mixed in with giggles, color, build with tinkertoys, play cuisenaire rods, hold time trials for their own big race (thanks to Cyberchase!), coach one another in their sports, help me cook oven fries, Trainboy took a nap and the day isn't over yet!

The go fish game was really cute because Trainboy is just getting to where he understands and follows the rules of the game and Dinoguy is learning not to emphasize winning so much and let others win sometimes. I guess I also have many fond memories of playing cards with my family growing up so cards and games are sentimental to me a bit.

7 comments:

erin said...

I miss my nephews and my sister. I want to play too!

Christa, Queen of the Blog said...

Sounds like a great Sunday!

mariann and Tory said...

I LOVE sundays because it is so low key! Looks like the boys are having a ball! Some of my favorite memories are playing the game of Life and Monopoly with my brothers and sisters! FuN!

Rachael said...

You are awesome! I dont know if I could have the patience that long to play with my kids. It's a hard thing to get down on the floor and keep going for hours. What a nice Sunday ritual you are building :)

RoniJoy said...

We love games here, too. Sounds like you had a wonderful Sunday.

Chrispy said...

Sounds like a great day! Now I want a nap...

McKay Missy and Boys said...

As I was reading your blog I kept thinking what a great mom you are. You do so much with your kids. They are going to have some wonderful family memories when thay get older.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin