Sunday, June 08, 2008

Swimming & baby birds


Wednesday we went swimming for a while with friends and relaxed and recovered at home mostly. Since it has been 4 days I can't recount all the things we did.

The minor excitement was in the evening when fixitman called me to check on the bird in the backyard that wouldn't leave. Ironically Sarge hadn't noticed it while running around, so we got him inside and I went and looked. He/she was perfectly healthy, but just a fledgling and not yet able to fly more than a few feet. He was there all evening but gone in the morning, so hopefully his mom came and helped him or he finally got rested enough to fly up to a tree. Both Dinoguy & Trainboy were very interested in seeing and learning about the baby bird. Good times.

2 comments:

RoniJoy said...

Unplanned/unexpected nature experiences ROCK! :-)

Christa, Queen of the Blog said...

Aww, cute little bird! I used to try and save birds like that when I was young, I think I caused them more harm then good!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin