Sunday, June 08, 2008

Free Bounce Houses, Free Art Museums & Free Trolleys

We had a very busy & full day of free things on Tuesday. First we went to a free bounce at a new bounce house in town. Both boys jumped for over an hour, and had a blast. Afterward we went home and got ready to ride the train downtown for free day at the Art museum. (Okay the train cost us a few $$ for tickets, but it was cheaper than driving!)

Despite all my planning to have everything with me, when the art museum made us check our backpacks I forgot to get the camera out of my bag. Oops.

The art museum opened a new discovery/ exploratory wing that is very kid friendly and awesome. We saw a sculpture made from chocolate and another made of soap, touched art made from different materials, made art with various supplies, and explored that wing of the museum for hours!

I did take two pictures while we were eating in the cafe area afterward, but neither are worth posting. Suffice to say, we ate a bunch to refuel, went to the sculpture garden where we learned that while it is called a garden it is not a fun garden and then went to ride the free trolley around.

The trolley was neat to ride because the kids really got to find out about the differences between the trolley and trains. They were surprised to see cars driving right behind us sometimes and could look right into the where the driver stands on the train. It did not have A/C though so we were a bit hot on it!

After the trolley ride, it was back on the train to go back to our car. We ended up in commuter traffic going home and there was NO room on the train basically. About as close as I want to get to crowded anyway. We sat on the floor in the door area.

Thankfully the commuters were in good moods and gave the mom with sleeping baby a seat and were talking and laughing with the kids and it was an enjoyable ride back home.

(Notice how the boys don't care when I take their picture while the girls pose. I tried to get the boys to look at me, I promise!)

2 comments:

RoniJoy said...

Holy Cow! What a full day! I wish we could have joined y'all.

Well, at least a crowded commuter train is better than driving on the crowded interstates/streets!

Christa, Queen of the Blog said...

Isn't that typical boys and girls? That was a really fun day!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin