We have had this car since before Trainboy was born and have driven it round the country more than once. We have put more than 70,000 miles on it and it has been reliable and good to us and now it is gone.
Sadly, it was my fault, as I missed a stop sign. I was alone in the car and didn't have the radio on either. But I had taken a wrong turn and was slightly lost (surprised?) since the frontage road had ended for some reason and so I was trying to get back on the freeway and driving thru store parking lots looking for an entrance when it happened. Doh! But no one was injured in the accident, thank goodness. :)
But the damage resulted in bending the door tower bar, which apparently functions somewhat as a roll cage in the car and is expensive to repair and so cost of the repairs was more than half the value of our car and the insurance declared it totalled! Double doh!
So we have turned in our car and said goodbye and deposited the check and will eventually probably buy a minivan so that Sarge can ride in the car with us easily.
5 comments:
Sorry to hear about your wreck...
On a positive note, ever since we gave in and got our minivan, it has made life so much easier. We highly recommend one!
We're hoping for a minivan in our future too - I hope that it's your silver lining!
That sucks! But, a minivan is a lot easier with an large family (and dogs!)
Ew. You're a mini-van person? Go buy a station wagon! Where are your roots?!
Big bummer... Here's hoping your next car sees fewer dings :) I second the wagon vote- we LOVE ours (so do the dogs).
Post a Comment