Hiking on paths at a nature preserve, trying to follow directions when you are somewhat directionally challenged. Keeping 2 kids and 1 dog hydrated while you are lost for about a half hour. It's a bit of work.
Finding the box and stamping our books? Priceless fun with my kids. They both enjoy a good letterboxing expedition occasionally and ask if we're going to do it sometimes. I try to stay prepared to find a box wherever we go.
Hi! this is Summer Lord in the MBASA. I just posted on our google group a question about LetterBoxing, because a friend of mine (coincidentally also in TX) recommended it for the family. I'd love to figure out how to get started...how does one begin, because at this point it seems overwhelming with so much info., but also so much fun that I want to start it with my kids! Any advice you have would be awesome...are you on the google group now? If not, you could post it the the NING blog for the summer adventures, or my email is summerday.lord@gmail.com - and how was your first year of work and life outside of school? I've realized we are back to counting years in school increments, and not from Jan to Jan...funny how that switches perspectives on life! PS...since you read this first, you can just delete it since I put in my email, and then I'll come back later and post on your blog if you don't mind...you always seem to be full of great ideas and wisdom that I'd love to learn from :)THANKS!!
6 comments:
It probably didnt help your sense of direction to be talking to me on the phone while you were lost.... :)
Sounds like fun. (Not being lost but everything else.)
Just remember the mantra: "we're not lost, we're letterboxing!". Are you going to the Denton letterboxing meetup in June?
Looks like good old fashioned out door fun!
Somehow I forgot our letterboxing stuff for CA. Chris mailed my bag today so we'll be trying to find a few out here!
Hi! this is Summer Lord in the MBASA. I just posted on our google group a question about LetterBoxing, because a friend of mine (coincidentally also in TX) recommended it for the family. I'd love to figure out how to get started...how does one begin, because at this point it seems overwhelming with so much info., but also so much fun that I want to start it with my kids! Any advice you have would be awesome...are you on the google group now? If not, you could post it the the NING blog for the summer adventures, or my email is summerday.lord@gmail.com - and how was your first year of work and life outside of school? I've realized we are back to counting years in school increments, and not from Jan to Jan...funny how that switches perspectives on life!
PS...since you read this first, you can just delete it since I put in my email, and then I'll come back later and post on your blog if you don't mind...you always seem to be full of great ideas and wisdom that I'd love to learn from :)THANKS!!
Post a Comment