Sunday, April 06, 2008

Home Depot Craft

We remembered to go to the Home Depot craft this past Saturday morning! :) Dinoguy is quite good with a hammer now. Trainboy is still too soft with his hits, but fairly accurate. They had some fun making the flower boxes, and I had some fun picking out a few things for our little garden. (It took me 30 minutes to get these photos off my phone since I didn't take the camera with me, enjoy them even if they are lower quality!

I want a large garden. A humongous garden. But with the uncertainty in our life at the moment, I don't want to spend money to make a good garden plot and our yard's dirt needs amending to really grow anything. (And protect the garden, and future compost pile from the dog.) So for now, I just have my herb garden in pots and Dinoguy's strawberry plant and a couple flowers in the front planter box. No pictures of that right now because I am not good at remembering to take pictures when I'm doing things and now it is too dark to take decent pictures. So I will add them later. :)

But I did take a picture of what I found in the back yard today when I went out to play with Sarge. :) He's gotten quite good at this! My friend Mel has another pic of him in a tree at a park on her blog, here.

2 comments:

Rachael said...

I LOVE those Home Depot Saturdays! They are such wonderful projects for kids - plus the fact that they're free!! :)

piscesgrrl said...

I forgot all about the Home Depot classes. I'll have to check those out.

There is a composting station about 30 miles from us where we can get an entire pick-up truck bed full for about $15. You might ask around and see if you have anything similar. If you do, shave the grass super low, add a thick layer of newspaper, and add a thick layer of the compost/dirt. Voila! Big garden!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin