Have you ever walked into a doorframe? maybe a tree?I was turning around today in a parking lot, but managed to back into a tree and break a tail light instead. Oops.
I don't know why I only hit inanimate objects with my car, but at least the only thing really damaged is our checking account balance. In the past year, I have driven into a tree stump and dented the side of the car, taken the sideview mirror off the car TWICE with the garage, and now backed into a tree and broken the tail light.
Before this, my first car accident was when I hit a tailhitch of the car in front of me at a stoplight because I thought the light had changed, and then realized it hadn't. (We were both stopped for a while before I did this.) I did not damage their car at all, just mine. This happened when I was 16. I cried hysterically for approximately 3 hours afterward, certain that my father would never let me touch a car again.
My 2nd accident was about 3 weeks before our wedding when I was turning down rows in a parking lot and managed to turn into a cement base of a lightpole. No other cars around, I just managed to misjudge the turn. It was at university and the cop that showed up asked me at least 3 times what kind of drugs I was on to do such a thing. I also cried hysterically for about 3 hours after this one, since it was my parents car again and was quite damaged.
The series of recent renovations on my car hasn't caused hours of crying, but angry yelling at myself, maybe because the car is mine this time and all I see in the accidents is money flying out the window.
And yes, I do occasionally walk into door frames or trees.
4 comments:
Your post made me laugh out loud.
If it makes you feel better, I was once parked on a slippery patch of ice and unable to get my wheels to catch on the. So I, in my infinite wisdom, turned the car on, put it in reverse, got out, and gave the front of the car a good old shove.
It was a crowded university dorm parking lot. I leave you to imagine the carnage, idiocy, and police questions that prevailed.
Hee hee! I dented the side of the minivan pulling into a parking space in a very crowded parking lot on the bumper of the ridiculously long truck next to me. Not a scratch on them, but I managed to put a big ole dent on two panels of the van, which means I'd have to get two panels replaced, meaning it's twice as expensive. I decided I rather liked the dents. Gives the Odyssey a little character. :)
Man! Could be stress related. I'm having a hard time concentrating thinking of all job hunting things to do in addition to normal life! AARRGGGHHH. Bill is in your neck of the woods this week, and then my mom is coming and the birthday... But let's play soon. I think we both deserve it!
Good THING you only hit inanimate objects!
The only thing I ever hit was my dad's car when backing out of the garage when I was a late teen. I always backed out the same way so it was such an automatic movement, I guess I didn't "really" look. He was mad, but I countered with "Why you parking behind me!?"
:-)
Post a Comment