Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Let's Bounce!

We went to a bounce house with friends last week. It was a blast. It was also planned for the best driving weather ever. (That is sarcasm, for those of you who are sweet and nice and miss those type of things.)



We started driving to the bounce house, which was about 45 minutes away. After passing 3 accidents on the freeway (I love the HOV lane!), I should have gotten the message that we should go home, and drink hot chocolate all day. It started snowing once we were half way there and then it got really icky. Snow and hail and sleet, building up on my car while I'm driving. I was having flashbacks of Utah really. We haven't missed the snow at all, so this was not a good thing.

We arrive at the bounce house, after a little over an hour and go in. I'm feeling frazzled, but the kids are very excited and run off and start playing. I sit down for a bit and try to regather my frazzled nerves when Trainboy insisted I go with him in an obstacle course. These things are not designed for adults. There was also no way around several of the more "fun" obstacles - trust me, I tried. Luckily I had my camera with me and chose to make the most of the staticky hair I was developing by taking photos of the kids having a blast.

Lessons I learned: Take a ton of water, you get very thirsty. Wear long sleeves and pants or you'll have rug burn. Do not leave your shoes on the floor or someone may dump water in them. Recharge the camera battery before leaving home or while driving at least!

I wisely chose to leave early to start the trek back home, since I now teach piano lessons to a few girls from church in the late afternoon. I also chose a mostly non-highway route home, which was a good choice. Still, it took 1 hour and 40 minutes to get home, driving in slush, with alternating hail & thick white fluffy snow falling. Dinoguy was very excited to build a snowman when we got home, and then we did and there was absolutely NO snow at our house. Just a giant lake where our yard was supposed to be.

I did make it with 5 minutes to spare before piano lessons were supposed to start. :)

4 comments:

Zach said...

Snow in Texas?? Here I thought you guys were living in paradise!! Looks like fun!

Ashlee Marie said...

How FUN!!! We need to get together again... Let's plan something for this summer.

Tiffany said...

I hope by you leaving a comment on my blog it means that I'm welcomed back into your church's fold! Well, I'm going to need your email address so you should send it to me at: tiffany[dot]bishop[at]gmail[dot]com. I'm excited to continue to read your blog!

Erika @ Andover ClOthing said...

Hey! Glad you found me :) Your boys are adorable!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin