Things I better write down before they are lost to my memory:
Trainboy now carries an invisible train named Thomas in his pocket. Thomas is spelled of letters, much like the show "WordWorld". Thomas makes steam, which Trainboy will gladly demonstrate to you.
Trainboy also like to make nests, usually on the couch, but the photo is one of the more creative ones. Thank you Ikea for designing these nice organizing bins just the right size to hold little boys. Now I'll never misplace him!
Dinoguy loves Zooboomafoo right now. He has mastered the basic principles of DVR - namely that you can pause & rewind your favorite parts over and over, to learn from them. He plays the song at the beginning over and over and dances to it while singing. It's pretty awesome. The only other song that gets such treatment is the "I'm not an egg anymore" song from Backyardigans Mighty Knights. He asks many questions about animals and plants, some of which I know the answers to, some of which I don't. He watches Bindi the Jungle girl occasionally too, but I don't think he gets as much from it as he does from the commercials playing during its breaks. (And fast forwarding during commercials is a no-no!)
Dinoguy had his first ingrown toenail this past week, (put that in your baby book!) which led to a discussion of "good white cell guys" and "bad bacteria guys" in our bodies, as part of why Mommy had to release the pus from his toe. Thanks to google images, we looked at many leucocyte and bacterial images, as well as the various parts of the cell - flagellae, mitochondria, and the like! His toe is fine - its just a sign to us that he is past due for new shoes - to the store!
I have found my cooking experiment bug again and have been having fun in the kitchen. I post about that on my food blog though. :) However, I mention it here because of the fun thing that happened today with my chocolate berry tart. Dinoguy wanted to help put on the berries at the end and instead fell hand first into the tart, coming out with a hand full of chocolate. I cried out in pain (my tart!) but suppressed the yells. However I still scared him a bit with my reaction and had to reassure him that it was just fine, would taste fine, I wasn't upset, it was an accident, its just a tart...Fixitman helped me to stay mostly calm and deal with what really was a minor accident, though it felt major for a bit. So maybe I'm a bit neurotic about my food experiments?
2 comments:
We went through a Zaboomafoo phase, too. (I'm sure I didn't spell that right!)
So how long did it take you to feel "mostly" moved in at your new place? I'm trying to be realistic in my expectations when we move down to AZ in a couple months. I'm hoping to be "mostly" moved in before I get too huge to do anything.
We've been here 10 weeks now, I'd say 6-8 weeks for me, because it took that long to get some pictures hung on the walls which is important to me. It took a few weeks to get the furniture the way I liked it, and that has to happen before the rest of the boxes get unpacked so that was longer than most people probably. Really 2 weeks should be enough, but I'm slow at the process. I won't feel settled in the community for 6 months though - that's about how long its taken in other houses anyway. HTH!
Post a Comment