We went on a tour of a movie theatre, getting to see all the behind the scenes stuff and learn lots of cool stuff. No photos - I've been forgetting with the camera. Highlight was when the guide ask the kids what their favorite movie they saw at a theatre was and Dinoguy answered: "We don't go to movies. We're from Utah." I managed to laugh about it with the other mothers, but I was embarrassed! I didn't even understand the comment, much less how to respond to it. Kids are awesome. And for the record, we DO go to movies, just not often - we usually watch them at home!
Cool Things I learned:
1. The sound to the film is on the same film as the pictures!
2. It takes 24 still images to make one second.
3. The film will melt if it doesn't move past the 2000 watt bulb quickly.
4. The theatre employees still have to splice together the trailers, ads, and movie reels. They keep track of which trailer goes with which movie on a white board. The entire film is over a mile long, all rolled up on a giant circular table.
Cool things from the kids at the theatre:
1. You can make bunny ears on the big screen while standing in the projection booth and have a lot of fun with that.
2. Video games with guns or steering wheels are just as fun when turned off as when turned on.
3. Tours at the movie theatres mean free popcorn and candy!
4. Brothers make great horses for playing cowboy.
2 comments:
Yay! I've missed reading your blog. I'm glad you're back. Love Dinoguy's comment. We don't go to the movies either because we're from Utah.
I love his comment! How funny! Maybe I should come visit this summer. :)
Post a Comment