Sunday, January 06, 2008

The Weekend

Saturday afternoon, Fixitman taught Dinoguy to mow the lawn/mulch the leaves. We played outside most of Saturday, since the weather was gorgeous. While the yard is scraggly and abandoned looking now, we have plans... (and it is a great space for playing with Sarge.)

(Dinoguy LOVES to help his dad do work in the yard. He is so excited to help! Hope it continues!)

Fixitman also played a bunch with his belated graduation present from the grandparents Saturday. He has really enjoyed building things with it. Here's a gratuitous shot of him with it. (The photo is from a few weeks ago, in the old garage, but pretend its not with me.)

I unpacked the rest of the bathroom and boy bedroom boxes, so that we can more easily locate all those things. (Nothing like yet another move to make me realize I STILL own too many spa items. Oh well, guess I need to pamper myself more.)

While we are doing gratuitous thank you shots of gifts, here is Trainboy in his cute new church clothes. He won't wear the tie, but looks so cute in the outfit anyway. :)

His first day of primary went fairly well, thanks to the "meet & greet" yesterday I think. I was torn about leaving him, since he wanted me to stay, though he was ignoring me and playing just fine, but the teacher wanted me out. So I sat outside the door and listened until he was happier sounding. She's a nice teacher, huggy and friendly, and I think the year will go pretty good. It's weird to not have a baby or toddler at all anymore. They're both in primary!

As most outfits do, he gradually shed pieces throughout the day, until this evening when apparently he had some risky business to attend to. Then it was time for bed. :)

1 comment:

Ashlee Marie said...

Tom Cruise in the making! I bet he already likes to jump on couches! Glad the first day of primary went well.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin