Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Gentle living

How do I become more gentle and live a more gentle life?

I have been musing and pondering the word gentle for several weeks now. It has reminded me to be kinder to myself when I have heard derogatory comments coming out of me. The word has reminded me to speak in gentle tones. It has been with me for a while. I like this word "gentle".

But how can I be a more gentle person? I keep waiting for the BIG change I'm going to make to become a more gentle person in my life, but I don't think this is about the big things. It is about the small and simple things that come from pondering and musing about this word. I'm glad I have all year. It will be fascinating to see if I feel very different after this year of gentle. I hope so.

Be gentle.

2 comments:

Stephanie said...

What a beautiful reminder.
I think you're right - it begins with the thought. When we have that sponsor, our actions and words and subsequent thoughts tend to follow suit, I think.
I so needed this reminder today, and I shall be thinking gentleness, too.
I appreciate the reminder.
xxoo
Steph
(Ps - I put you up on HF, I don't know why you weren't there??? You were in OLM, but not there. Rrr?)

Laura/CenterDownHome said...

I really like the posts on "gentle". A good reminder. I try to remember to "center down" and breathe. When things are going nuts here, a little calm, a little gentleness really helps. When our yellow lab ran upstairs after the cat last night, my husband and sons were running and yelling, and I just said, "Shhh. Quiet. Here, puppy, puppy!" And he came right down.

Do the think sometimes, the gentleness starts with your eyes? The way you look at people with kindness?

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin