Today our newest family member joined us permanently. :) We have adopted an 8 month old Chocolate lab named Sarge. He is a sweet and playful doggy, full of energy and curiosity. Too much energy for the family at church who offered him to us. L & H are very excited to have a dog, they love to feed him treats and play flashlight tag with him.
We've been visiting Sarge for about 2 weeks now, to get to know him and learn about his care. Today, now that we are totally moved out of our other home, he came and joined us. Isn't he handsome? :)
I've been wanting to get a dog for years, we have put it off until we were in a more stable situation. We would have probably waited a little bit longer if this opportunity to take care of this sweet dog hadn't presented itself.
4 comments:
WOW total shock~ I had no idea you were looking! How fun for the boys!
Too fun! There's something very natural about little boys with big dogs! Maybe because they're good at getting each other's energy out. :)
Wow - you are definitely a brave soul to take on a dog - and an older dog! Do you think it's better than starting from scratch with a puppy?? Do the boys help at all with the clean up?
The boys help some, but really I look at it as another kid. :)
I think its better than a puppy b/c he is potty-trained, sleeps in his kennel, has some basic discipline down already...I don't think I would ever get a brand new puppy honestly.
Post a Comment