Sunday, December 30, 2007

Moving & the New year's approach

We have spent the past few days relocating all of our belongings (including some inherited ones) to a new home. DH & I are tired & sore. My foot tendinitis is starting to come back and I have cramps in my palm. I am looking forward to getting things arranged to some degree in our new home soon, but its taking some time. It is a little frustrating how much I can't do on my own, and how long things take.

The boys are doing okay. H has started to take all of his bedding, (pillows, blankets & all animals) with him in the car whenever we go anywhere. We went and said goodbye to the old house today and spent some time talking about how everything was at the new house (including the trains!) and I'm hoping that he'll start feeling more secure here soon. L is rather cavalier about it, but this is the 4th or 5th move he remembers now, and I think he is doing okay with it overall.

We do not plan to move for several more years. When asked, DH says 4-5 years and I say 1-2, who knows how long it'll be. :) We really like this house. I need to take pictures and share them, there is a beautiful large oak in the front yard that is wonderful. We have hardwood floors except the kitchen and bath and I love that. DH painted all the rooms some beautiful colors before we moved in and I can't wait to start gardening. We have many plans. :)

As 2007 rushes to its end, I reflect over all that has happened this year. It is amazing what a difference a year makes in your life. After reading an inspiring post, at a friend's blog about another post here, I have decided to choose a word for the new year to reflect on, ponder, and help guide me. I think I have chosen the word gentle. I will continue to muse about it, but the word has been in my thoughts lately anyway, and it speaks so much more to me than other possibilities.

I want to become more gentle toward people, in my own thoughts, in my approach to many things. I think I will write it down and put it places to help me remember it at first, but it is a good word.

What about you? What word will you choose to live by in 2008?

4 comments:

Stephanie said...

I think I've settled upon "intent".
I'll not repeat the word over and over here, as I've just written about it :), but like your "gentle", it encompasses many of the other words and thoughts that resonate with me.
I look forward to hearing about the explorations of your ideas!
An' pictures of the gorgeous wall colors, too, of course!
Steph

Libby said...

I like the idea of picking a word for the new year. I've never heard of that before. I'll have to think about it, but the word patient pops in there immediately.
So did you guys buy this house or are you renting it?? Congrats on yet another move. :) We know how fun it all is.

Ashlee Marie said...

YEAH moved it!!! Now breath, take a breath, unpacking is half the fun!

KMDuff said...

We decided to keep renting for a bit longer. :)

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin