Tuesday, December 18, 2007

We're moving!

Well we succeeded in helping sell my SIL's home, which means we are moving right after Christmas! What a way to add extra things to do at this fun time of year. I've been thinking about it, and I really love Thanksgiving more than Christmas. There are so many things to do for Christmas and for Thanksgiving I get to focus on cooking a great meal and spending time with loved ones. It's like the ultimate dinner party, and apparently, I love that!

We have been making homemade Christmas cards using potato stamps. The boys really enjoy it, and I didn't yell except for my initial yelp of surprise when H decided to dump out 1.5 bottles of paint on the table, floor and himself. Here is a photo before that happened of him busily painting cards.

H had his birthday this month, which means I deluded myself that I could make a cake look like Thomas the tank engine. He was happy with it, though the photos are much worse looking than the cake looked I think. I've gotten lots of use from my train cake splurge though, so I'm happy about that! I could write a lot about all the things I should have done to make it better, the biggest one though is not procrastinate and spend more time on it! I have so much respect for cake decorators after trying my hand at it! Sheesh!

4 comments:

Mel said...

Happy Birthday H! Sounds like the cake and the stamping were a blast! Let us know if we can help with the move @ all.

Rachael said...

Wait - where are you moving? Still in TX? New job or new location?

BTW - I've been meaning to ask you. Do you keep your kids names to the first initial to hide identity? Does it worry you if people knew? Something for me to think about...

Ashlee Marie said...

For a 1st attempt at detailed decorating you did great! I bet he loved it! Good job.

Kristi said...

Yucky, moving during the holidays! Talk about stress! The last time we moved, I stressed myself out so much that my immune system gave out and I got really sick. Add Christmas in the mix, and I'd be really asking for trouble! Wish we lived closer so we could give you a hand.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin