Here are H & L's Christmas cards for me. We made our cards this year, most were snowmen cards or Christmas tree cards. We did potato stamping, and had a good time. After the paint dried, we then used markers to decorate the snowmen.I love the 2 they made just for me, I had to share them. H is really improving on dexterity, the face and buttons and arms are so easily visible I think. And L chose to make his look similar to mine, but with his own colors and style. He made about 5 cards before being bored. H's is the first one he made, and then he started coloring all the snowmen all black and blue and saying they were hiding. Good times were had. :)
Tonight L asked to roast hotdogs over the fire for dinner and we did, b/c I haven't really felt like cooking much with all the moving prep and Christmas stuff on top of it. The boys loved it so much! They did need some help getting the hotdogs cooked all the way, but had no problem catching marshmallow's on fire afterwards! I guess we will miss having a fireplace at our new place. :) Wonder what the code is on bonfire's in your backyard... ;P
(You can also see that L got a hair cut this week. He got tired of having his hair combed out when it was wet and tangly and agreed to a trim, and while I didn't do exactly what I meant to, it turned out okay, at least boy hair grows quickly!)
3 comments:
I can't stand it that I am missing all the fun with the boys.. But I love that you are having so much fun with them. Both you and DH are great! What I have learned the most is it's not the things we have, though there are a few things in life that are worth having if you value them enough; it is the memories that you make. The time spent.
We miss you and your family. We miss seeing the boys growing up. But I love that you take the time to let us have a part of it with your blog. Love Mom.
sorry about that Erin. I didn't realize this account was on you. I clicked on it from my email? Mom
I got my card! It's a great picture, and I love that the boys made it. Every year I think about having my kids be a part of the cards, but then the perfectionist control freak in me just can't take it! But I love they way others turn out. Maybe I'll grow up and get over it some day... Maybe not!
Post a Comment