Friday, September 21, 2007

Too Much Fun? part 2

After a long day of riding trains and going to the aquarium, you'd think that most people would just want to stay home. Instead, we headed to Addison's Oktoberfest.


What do you do at Oktoberfest when your teetotalers and you take your kids? You go to the carnival of course! (We had free tickets.)

It was a great time. We had unlimited ride tickets and spent at least 3 hours riding all sorts of carnival rides. A few of them made DH & I sick, but L & H loved it. Thursday was a great day to go, there were very few people there.



We had a lot of fun on the ferris wheel! The views from it were pretty cool too.






After hours of rides, the kids decided they were hungry and we got some good carnival food as well as some German grub. I absolutely love funnel cake and kettle corn.

While we were eating near the German dancing, L & H ran off to watch the dancing and when they asked for audience participation, L jumped at the chance.

We rode more rides before heading home very late for a long sleep.

The last "photo" is a video of L dancing.

3 comments:

L. Conkey Shaw said...

I did a double look at you in the white shirt. It looked alot like me? You must be related.

EC said...

Kettle corn! I love kettle corn, too. I've never had funnel cake though. Is that bad??

KMDuff said...

Kettle corn is the best.
Funnel cakes. Mmmmm... You need to try it IMO. Yum.
I need to learn to make them myself but then again, there is something about the fair food being at the fair only.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin