Camp Tonkawa does a great day "camp" program for homeschoolers once a month on different themes. There were about 20 kids of various ages all learning together. The theme for the day was ponds, though the preschool set spent alot of time exploring. The camp director was relaxed and cool about it, which was great.
Here L is fishing for pond critters to study. They found fish, spiders, grasshoppers, and lots of other interesting creatures. H was pretty tired at this point and sat down and tried to fall asleep on the grass. He did end up waking all the way up after petting a horse and joining and having a blast "fishing" with a net as he called it.
The last pic is of L holding a baby chick. We saw rabbits and chickens up close and personal, as well as horses, spiders and more. So many fun pictures! Well worth the drive and time.
6 comments:
Looks like fun, I bet the boys just loved it. I can't wait to see what other monthly theme's they have there. Your boys are in for quite a fun adventure with you as their guide! Keep up the great work.
Spent the past 20 minutes or so reading all your new posts. Sounds like you guys are settling into your new place! Seems like there's a lot of fun things to do in Texas.
I'm so impressed with your homeschooling. I'm back on the bandwagon (I think).
Great pictures! Can't wait to go again (now that I know to leave my kids alone and let them explore/learn!). Check the group for a great pic of Hal with his head resting on the ladder- so sweet.
And one of Lorn on the swing!
This looks like a lot of fun. I bet that your boys loved it.
Post a Comment