Friday, October 19, 2007

My garden; my life

I love my garden. It is little, but nourishing plants that can later nourish me with their fruits is so fulfilling. Landscaped plants that look nice aren't really my thing most of the time. I do love flowers, beautiful shiny flowers, but only those that I have really chosen, instead of the generic, looks good in a front yard type.

Do you think your garden can be symbolic of your life? I do. (Of course there are limits to all symbolism, just go with me here.) My garden is young and tender, naive and idealistic, full of goodness, in need of regular nourishment, mostly easily moveable, though it would cause some shock to the roots of a few plants.

Here are a few pictures I took of my little garden a week ago. It is growing wonderfully and is A LOT bigger since then, but if I take more pictures, I may never update.



In other parts of my world, we are house hunting. Yes, it appears we will be buying a home in the near future, a scary permanent commitment and adult like responsibility. Never seemed like a big deal before. But I'm trying hard to find the right home for us right now and for the next few years, on a budget, but quickly. How fun. I feel slightly out of control with the lack of knowledge about my future that I have now and so its been a crazy week.

Today has been good so far. I'm striving to find and maintain peace in our current challenges so that my kids will still thrive in this time of change. It's a tricky thing, but I think I can succeed. :)

4 comments:

Brandon said...

I love gardens too. I wish I could eat home-grown fruits and veggies all year. Congrats on the house hunting! Brandon and I are really feeling it--we want to put down some roots.

Ashlee Marie said...

Keep us posted, if it's not a full weekend we'll come up and help you move (again)!

Kristi said...

Gardening is the thing Todd and I miss the most about living in a condo. We're really hoping that the next place we go will have a yard.

I got really sick the first time we went looking to buy a house. There was so much stress and anxiety, I think it overwhelmed my immune system! So I can empathize with you on that. It was worth it, though. It's so nice to have your own place! I'm hoping that this time around, since I know better what we're getting into, I won't stress out as much.

April said...

I wish I knew how to Garden. Maybe one day when we have some type of a yard, I will visit a nursery and do some experimenting.

Good luck with the house hunting. That can be a difficult process. I hope you find something that fits your family and budget.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin