Thursday, June 07, 2007

Great Hair Day & Other Fun things

Yesterday was a great hair day. My curls looked awesome. I love good hair days, they are more frequent now, but a great hair day is serendipitous. Everything goes better on a great hair day.

L made a fishing pole out of a stick and a nametag zip line yesterday and was fishing with the phone. It was so cool! I was proud of his creativity.

I was in a very playful mood yesterday, (blame the hair!) and was not a good example, spitting popcorn kernals at people is bad. DH & L sent me to time out! It was awesome. Equal treatment means bad behavior gets punished, even if its Mom who does it. I thought it was a good thing for L to see - that adults get in trouble too, and we can handle it exactly the same as we do with him.

Why was I being so teasing and playful anyway? I'm not really sure, I didn't particularly like my actions, or some of the things I said in teasing, but they just came out. So the time out was good for me. I was laughing a bit, but it helped me come back down to a better place.

L played with a guy friend today and wanted to play "tea party". Love the corrupting influence of his girl cousins! :D

Mmmm... I smell pancakes. I am finding joy in these days that we are spending preparing to move and it feels great. :)

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin