I haven't posted in a while... We've been enjoying our long road trip. We've been to all of my grandparents homes, the beach, fishing, visiting my old childhood city, my sister & now we are visiting my parents.
It's wonderful to see my grandparents playing with my children and enjoying their exuberance. In contrast to other people who have complained about them being "too loud".
It's wonderful to see my grandparents playing with my children and enjoying their exuberance. In contrast to other people who have complained about them being "too loud".
Seeing my kids enjoy the beach for the first time was amazing. It is the beach that I went to almsot every summer of my childhood, so I have great memories there. Playing with them and introducing them to this was so much fun.
We also went to Angel Oak, this fantastic 1400 year old tree. The kids loved playing around it, though you can't play on it. That's a tricky one.
I have loved the relaxed feel of allowing us to just be ourselves and stop worrying so much about others' expectations. The relief in my son's voice when I explained to him that we weren't going to use time-outs or punishments anymore... it was amazing. And while it does take more thought to have reasons and explanations and take time to talk about things, it has been really wonderful.
Golfing with my family was also alot of fun. I guess I could have been blogging in detail about it all, but I usually blog when I feel the urge of something interesting to post. I know my life is interesting, but it is just regular to me. It's the amazing things that usually motivate me to write a blog post. Maybe I should be writing more. I'm not sure.
5 comments:
Yes, you should write more! We love hearing about your life. Plus then I won't feel like I'm the most overboard poster ever.
I was blog hopping through other MBASA bloggers, and happened upon your's. Did you grow up in SC? I recognize the Angel Oak tree! I grew up in Sumter! We will be moving to Provo in two weeks, so maybe we'll get a chance to chat soon!
Mandy, I didn't grow up in SC, but my gramma lives there and we went almost every summer for 2 weeks atleast. I am recently done with the MBA program, so say hi to everyone there for me. :)
Amprisbrey - your posts rock, they are wonderful, I will try to post more, I just have to be in the mood sometimes.
that tree is BEAUTIFUL! it looks like y'all have been having a lot of fun this summer. i can't believe how fast the summer has gone!
golf was just an after-thought in your post? sheesh, priorities woman.
Post a Comment