Sunday, August 12, 2007

Book Signing

This photo is of Stephenie Meyer, talking to the person in line before me as she was signing books.

I have recently become a fan of the Twilight series by Stephenie Meyer. They are fun books, and I have really enjoyed them. While I was visiting my folks, Mrs. Meyer happened to be in their town for a book signing promoting the release of the 3rd book. I decided to go to it, having never been to a book signing before.

It was different from what I expected. There was a Q&A session, which I didn't know about, and so I hadn't thought of any questions. Then for the signing, it was quite literally, have your book ready, she will put in her signature and your name in one book and then you are done. There were maybe 300 people there, so the need to get people thru the line quickly is understandable to some degree, but it wasn't anything like what I thought. I had thought of phrases to have her sign, I had thought of talking to her about my opinion of the latest book, but those weren't what happened. It was still a neat thing to do I think.

1 comment:

Ashlee Marie said...

I figured out the friend of a friend thing. My girlfriend Heather and Stephenie were married at the same time and in the same ward or the first half of their marriages, had babies at the same time etc... Now they live an hour away, and Stephenie is a little on the busy side of things... Anyway, my book should arive the monday after I finish the wedding cake, so we'll talk all about it then!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin