Thursday, May 24, 2007

Planning a move

Planning a move is tricky. Tuesday was panic attack day, which I figured out was because I want everything to be PERFECT. Oops! I had caught the perfection disease. Doh!

I love making lists of things that need to be done, I don't love doing those things. We have picked a move method: ABF U-Pack.which I'm excited about. I have started the long list of address changes, utility start/stops, and I packed some books. I've made the very long list of other things that need to be done before we move, and I've found plenty of new things to procrastinate with, e.g. GoodReads , a fun website for sharing and planning books to read.

My roses are in full bloom right now and smell wonderful. Our front yard is so lovely in the spring/summer, I will miss it. The big large shady trees, the roses and other pretty flowers... It is nice to sit out and read while the kids play. I wish it was a backyard to some degree, but our backyard is small and not nearly as picturesque. Our new home in Texas will not have any large shade trees to my knowledge, and that is a sad thing. I love trees.

We are planning to finally get a dog this fall! I am hoping to rescue a Vizsla, a wonderful type of dog full of energy. We had a wonderful mutt growing up that was part Vizsla, and my parents have a purebred now. They are gorgeous dogs.

3 comments:

L. Conkey Shaw said...

How dare you call Summer a mutt! I am greatly offended! She was a beautiful mix of golden and Vizsla. Anyway... I hope your move goes well. Love Mom.

L. Conkey Shaw said...

How dare you call Summer a mutt!

Penny is offended too :(
I am offended also :(
Hope is mostly offended:( :( :( :0 :0
Mark ;)

L. Conkey Shaw said...

oh i almost for got im starting a new blog on family stats! this summer!! acutly today and no there is no other penny and hobbes blog!!
Mark

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin