We went to a park day with friends and also to their house to ride their horse. H wasn't really interested, but L was excited. He was very excited, as were many of his friends.
DH bought me a punching bag on Craigslist, it is a lot of fun. :) What a great way to relieve tension! The boys also like to beat on it, I usually only get short turns.
I spent last week doing a Weekend Cookbook challenge, which you can read all about on my food blog: Duff ABC's. During that, we had a minor crises when the microwave rice cooker I have decided to try and start a fire.
Several days of cleaning, spraying and airing out later and the carcinogenic smell is mostly gone (except for the shelf that the microwave was on, and I think it will need repainting. (What the rice cooker originally looked like: here)
I am so excited for Thanksgiving! We are having my family down to visit and DH's sister's family too. I love cooking for a crowd and preparing a big thanksgiving feast! It is a great holiday!
Not just for the food though. I am really blessed in my life with a wonderful DH, amazing wonderful kids, a nice place to live, plenty of food to eat, the opportunity to stay home and be with my kids, a big & loving family, a car, DH's good job, the gospel in my life...when I go to count my blessings, they seem innumerable. I love thanksgiving, for the chance to remember all these blessings and see how great life is.
3 comments:
You are beautiful.. Love your blog. I feel like you are writing to me.
I have not done much on mine... too busy painting the house. Erin will be home in 4 weeks. Love you.. Oh yeah I cut my hair short.. really short.
It's wonderful. Tell Lorn he looks great on that horse. xxoo
Too true. when I start to count my blessings I can't seem to stop. It just goes on and on and on. How did I get so lucky and what did I do to deserve so many blessings. It makes the little stuff we tend to focus and complain about pretty silly.
Oh! your poor microwave. How did your boys react? A punching bag? Way-to-go - great way to get those arms in shape :)
Post a Comment