Monday, July 02, 2007

Ch ch ch changes...

Well, it seems our summer of change is just filling up with more changes. I decided to stop eating meat for a myriad of reasons last summer. And I felt good about it and was happy about it for a long while. But recently things have started to change. I have been reading a lot of food books, and they have slowly been affecting my point of view. The latest book was called Nourishing Traditions. It was an amazing read and it is partially a cookbook. So DH & I are working to change some of our other eating habits - like sugar and processed foods. Working up to going without chocolate most of the time will be the hardest for me probably - I eat chocolate almost daily.

So I am eating meat again, when it is from pastured, free-range, humanely treated animals. Which pretty much makes me a veggie still at most restaurants. Visit Eat Wild for info on places near you that might offer pastured meat products. I have considered calling my new eating habits "flexitarian" instead of vegetarian, but I'm not really big on labels holding me down.

H has started to potty train himself almost. He takes his diaper off and goes "potty" at least once a day. He also tells us almost immediately when he does #2 now, which is a big change - he's gaining awareness. Of course he would choose the time around moving to do so...oh well. More changes...

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

I enjoyed Unconditional Parenting very much.
We're also going through learning to use the potty.
I think some might say "girls are easier than boys", but I suspect it has more to do with not 'teaching' anything, and letting Maddie fully decide and control her learning process.
I started Trev at two, and he had it dialed by three.
Maddie started on her own at two, and I suspect that she'll have it dialed in another month.
Imagine that!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin