Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Gratitude and Thankful List 2013

Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday because I love food, family, and gratitude. I love making delicious food and eating delicious food. I love spending time with family making memories! I also love being grateful. A grateful heart is a happy heart. I have learned that when I fill my life with gratitude everything seems better.

With that in mind, I am sharing a list of some things I am grateful for this year. It's going to be sentimental, so don't read if you aren't in that kind of mood right now.

1. My wonderful husband and children. I have the best husband in the world for me. He is supportive and loving and caring and wonderful. I also have wonderful amazing children that I feel honored to be trusted with in raising.

2. The ability to visit family and have family visit. Modern means of swift travel are amazing! I am so glad we have gotten to see so much of our extended family this year! Those we haven't seen, I hope we see you soon!

3. My amazing body that is no longer swollen and pregnant. It is amazing because I was able to grow a baby, give birth to a baby and now I am quickly recovering. What a miracle and blessing our bodies are!

4. Supportive wonderful friends near and far. I am a lucky girl with so many caring wonderful women around me that bless me with their love and friendship.

5. Hot water and running water. I absolutely love the luxury of a hot shower or warm bath and they are so easily available to me. It is a miracle every time.

6. All the firewood my dear husband chopped that helps heat our home and keep our heating bill low when it is cold outside. We were blessed to get access to the wood for free and then that he is strong and able to chop it for our use. It smells fabulous too.

7. The knowledge of the gospel of Jesus Christ and that my Heavenly Father loves me. Knowledge of the purpose of life on earth. What a blessing this knowledge is to me! I am starting to really love reading the scriptures too.

8. Chocolate and other food. I love chocolate, it is so tasty! But I am also so grateful to live in a land of plenty where my family has never had lack of food. I also love fresh pineapple, grapefruit, apples, cheese and bacon. Yum.

9. Freedom to have opinions that are different. Freedom to worship God in my own way. The privilege and responsibility of voting for our government leaders. Freedom to work toward changing and improving my life and that of others on things that are important to me.

10. Work for my husband and myself. The blessing of plenty of work to do and the ability to work. My husband has a job that keeps him busy, pays him and he likes it! This is a huge blessing. I have two small part time jobs that pay money and then one large full time job as a mother and home executive that is much harder but pays in much higher dividends. Our life is busy and happy.

Well, that's enough time spent on that. I know I could make a very long list of all sorts of things but thinking about these is a good start. Happy Thanksgiving!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin