Monday, April 12, 2010

Baseball!

I grew up going to baseball games with my dad. I loved the old Cleveland Stadium, and the new Jacobs field. I was sad when we moved away from Cleveland to where there was no major league baseball. I learned all about the intricacies of the game, how to keep score, what the best foods were to get, how to do the wave and how much of the game depended on a good bullpen.

So last week when my parents and brother were visiting, we went to a Texas Rangers game! Dinoguy & Trainboy are starting to get old enough to learn and enjoy the game. Munchkin I figured would get some good bonding time in with her dad when she got bored about 20 minutes after arrival.

This game was 0-0 until the bottom of the 8th. Then the Rangers finally scored a run. Yay! The closer brought in at the top of the ninth did not do a good job though. He gave the other team batting practice and suddenly it was 3-1. The Rangers lost. Sadness! It was an interesting 9th inning at least.

Of course, I spent all my preparation time worried that we would be cold. Memories of being cold at baseball games made me remember jackets and a blanket for everyone. I didn't think about the alternative. I did make sure the boys & I had baseball hats, but I forgot the sunblock. Munchkin was out of the sun enough that she didn't get a burn, and Trainboy kept his jacket on so long he didn't either. But Dinoguy & I had red arms. Grandpa Actuary was the most sunburnt of everyone of course.

Towards the end of the game, everyone shared some Strawberry Ices. Munchkin thoroughly enjoyed hers, can you tell?

1 comment:

mariann and Tory said...

Looks like a fun time!! Your hair is getting sooo long! Congrats on your "news"! That is awesome! We are excited for you!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin