Monday, September 29, 2008

Fire & Water

Our backyard is not pretty like I planned it would be by now. Life & circumstance put my plans on hold and I don't have the gardens I planned and imagined. We still have a nice yard with lots of shade. I decided to focus on what we had instead of what we didn't in the yard and we have plenty of sticks! So I decided it was time to build a fire. Just for fun - and it was! We used just sticks of various sizes and a lighter. No lighter fluid or newspaper, so I felt pretty cool. It is fun to watch fire - the colors, the changes. The boys tried burning grass & leaves as well. We wrote with stick charcoal on the sidewalk. Eventually the fire started dying down and we were ready to be done exploring so it was time to clean up! (Note - we of course talked about fire safety as well.)

Clean up was possibly more fun for the boys than the fire. They carefully used the hose to get all the ashes nice and wet and cool and then were "washing" the patio as well as each other and the dog. Dinoguy discovered a mud puddle in the making and helped it along, joyfully jumping in mud and showing it to Trainboy. They played in the water for a long while, spraying and splashing and creating a waterfall on the plastic slide. Sarge loves water and was happy to join them in getting soaked.




2 comments:

Christa, Queen of the Blog said...

I love fire! What a cool way to play and learn about it.

Tiffany said...

How did your ultrasound go?

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin