Saturday, August 23, 2008

The trip back home

The next day was a beautiful beach day, but we were leaving that day. I had thought we would spend the morning at the beach first but the boys were having lots of fun playing indoors and we were busy packing the truck, so it didn't happen.

At lunch we headed up to my Grandma's for a yummy lunch and visit. Fixitman found a wooden Buddha statue he liked that Grandma gave him, and she also gave us an awesome wooden chopping block she'd found at an estate sale for $1. She is an awesome bargain shopper.

We said goodbyes (I forgot to take pictures again!) and headed toward my other Grandma's where we were spending the following day. We had a wonderful visit; I got to hear some fun car stories from Grandma that I hadn't heard yet. Trainboy bonded with my Aunt's old trainset and Dinoguy played with the GI Joe dolls action figures. While there we watched Michael Phelps win his 8th gold medal too. I neglected to pull out the camera as well, so this post is pictureless. :)

We started the long drive home early the next morning to avoid traffic and had a pleasant drive home. The boys listened to a bunch of the books on tape and the day went by quickly. We got home at a decent hour and unloaded the truck before the rain started up again.

We had a lovely time, but are happy to be back home.

3 comments:

Christa said...

Glad you guys had fun, and an easy trip home. Looks like you guys had a lot of great adventures, I bet the kids are going to have great memories!

Kristi said...

Sounds like a fun vacation! It's so fun to get the kids together with family. Such happy memories!

Roni said...

Yea for that feeling you get when you pull back into your own driveway -- I love that feeling.

Boy, I bet Sarge was happy to see you!!!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin